Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sam Phillips concert review Metroland 2008

This SamScan is a review from Metroland  of the show I attended in 2008 in my home city, Albany NY. I remember at the time that I rallied to get Sam to appear in Albany, and was excited when it was confirmed. I invited all my friends to come see the show, and was disappointed when most of them were not able to attend. The venue is the Linda , a former bank building turned into a performance space by WAMC public radio.

My brother came with me, because he wanted to see what the fuss was about. Needless to say, I thought it was a great show, the review pretty much nailed it. I think my brother liked it too.

Afterwards I talked to Sam, and she was her usual gracious self. Jay and Ted were nice, and I had a good talk with Eric about recording techniques.

I hope that Sam, Eric et al had a good experience in Albany, but if she tours again, I would understand if it is not on any future itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment